Adjunct Instructor – SU College Connect Program at LSUS (College Level Courses)
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
- Teach undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Develop and manage the class syllabus and ensures that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Plans and creates lectures, in-class discussions and assignments
- Grades assigned papers, quizzes and exams
- Assess grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advises students on how to be successful in class
- Stays updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution in the areas of Math, English, Biology, Music, Art, Spanish, Computer Science, Psychology, Sociology, Communications and Political Science.
- Candidates can also have 18 graduate hours in the respective discipline.
- Evidence of excellent teaching at the collegiate level for diverse and multi-cultured students
Salary Range$2,000 per three credit
Send cover letter, resume, official transcript(s), and three reference letters to:
Vanessa Leggett, Director College Connect
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.