PT Sr. Ambassador Specialist
Review of applications begins Monday, April 8, 2019 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Sr. Ambassador Specialist position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Sr. Ambassador Specialist for the Welcome Center will perform a “host of customer service and administrative support services that support the University’s efforts to connect and engage the internal and external customers, including: enrollment support services via incoming calls and inquiries regarding admissions into the University and application process; direct inquiries about campus programs and campus life; provide guest services to alumni and supporters; clerical support and database management for the Welcome Center and Advancement Office. This position will also support the Enrollment Management process by representing the college at on-campus and off-campus events as needed.
This position will provide the ability to
- Customer service and administrative support services for the Welcome Center and Advancement offices.
- Support students through the Enrollment Management process (Registration, conduct campus tours as needed; Research initial status of Application/ Enrollment; Connect individual to appropriate campus services.)
- Address phone and face-to-face inquire.
- Assist student with prospective students with the use of interactive Kiosks.
- Assist in the Office of Advancement & University Relations events for Alumni & friends.
- Represent the college at off-campus events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with front-line supervisor to part-time Ambassadors.
- Assist with the electronic newsletter as needed.
- Compose and distribute Weekly communications.
- Refer prospects to Intake Center as needed.
- Manage contacts database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Possess an attitude of Enthusiasm and optimism toward SUSLA is a Must.
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Office and Banner software.
- Knowledge of SUSLA Programs and Services preferred.
- Two to three years’ work experience in Professional environment.
- Associate’s Degree or above.
- Knowledge of SUSLA Programs and services preferred.
- Five years or more work experience in professional environment.
$15.00 per hour
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
ATTN : Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
Sr. Ambassador Specialist
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Sr. Ambassador Specialist" in the Subject line)
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.