Community & Workforce Development
The Division of Community and Workforce Development (CWD) provides a program of non-credit continuing education to respond to the training and lifelong learning needs of our service area.
The Division for Community and Workforce Development (CWD) is responsible for the leadership and administration of workforce and community development initiatives for Southern University at Shreveport (SUSLA). The division is comprised of Career Services, Continuing Education, Community Development, Corporate Training, Small Business Development and Workforce Solutions.
CWD helps to identify needs, meet gaps and provide meaningful pathways to college, hands-on job experiences and placement opportunities upon completion of training and academic programs. CWD, the enterprise and entrepreneurial unit of SUSLA, has more flexibility to be nimble and responsive to the diversified needs of the community, both near and far. CWD is committed to collaborative approaches to innovative solutions to support the 21st century economy!
- Career Services
- Small Business Development
- Business Incubation and Technical Assistance
- Small Emerging Business Development (SEBD) Program
- Entrepreneurship Training
- BizCamp (A Youth Entrepreneurship Program in Partnership with ICE Institute and Caddo Parish Schools
- Licensure Industry-Based Certification Training
- Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP)
- Brownfields Jobs Training Program
- Career Pathways Business Needs Assessments
- Customized Training
- Curriculum Development
- High demand and needs-based training
Leonard C. Barnes Administration Building, A-34
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Phone: 318.670.6470 or 800.458.1472 ext. 470