- First generation college student status.
- Must be enrolled at Southern University at Shreveport.
- Must be classified as a Louisiana resident as defined by the University Catalog.
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.0 High School GPA, GED and/or College 2.0 GPA.
- Must major in one of the following: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Allied Health, and/or Education.
- Must enroll be enrolled as a full time student per semester (12 or more hours)
- Must complete required student Essay.
- Must abide by SUSLA Code of Conduct and demonstrate behavior consistent with exemplary leadership.
Seven (7) Desirable Traits
Candidates accepted as Williams Scholars pledge to exemplify the following seven desirable traits:
7. Servant Leader